Thursday, March 3, 2016

Kinder Fantasy Unit

Lets talk Kindergarten!

A few weeks ago we started out Royal Self Portraits. This project is a favorite all around - students, staff, and parents! The original idea is from Patty at Deep Space Sparkle. On day one we do a directed drawing, talking about our faces and all the different parts on them. Day two is painting. Previously I have used tempera cakes and had the students mix their own skin color. I love the variety they come up with, but this year I tried something a bit easier on myself. I ordered SAX Versa Tempera paint in a multicultural set and put out a range of colors for the students to pick from. I much prefer the liquid tempera look to the tempera cakes of the past years. To each their own, though!

Here are some of my students working hard on day two:

   

Day three we got to add fun glitter and jewels to our crowns!


After completing our Royal self portraits we had to give them somewhere to live. It was time for our shape castles. Again the original idea is from Deep Space Sparkle and I modified it to my needs. On day one, we talked all about different shapes when doing this directed drawing in oil pastel. On day two we went over how to use watercolor paint and students got to see the magic relationship between the two media. Gosh I love the Kinder innocence.

Here is the bulletin board I just finished putting up today:






No comments:

Post a Comment